If you are looking for a tool to help you run electrical wires through walls, ceilings, or conduits, you might want to consider the Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit. This kit comes with 5 different attachments in a carrying case, and it can be extended up to 33 feet by combining 10 fiberglass rods. In this blog post, I will review the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this product, and give you some tips on how to use it effectively.
The Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit is made of fiberglass material, which is better than plated carbon steel. Fiberglass is more flexible and durable, and it will not break when folded. It also has a low friction design that allows the tape to glide through the conduit without binding at turns, joints, or couplings.
The kit includes 5 different attachments that can help you with various wire pulling tasks. They are:
- A fish tape fastener that connects the wire and the fish tape firmly
- A 10-inch chain noodle that can grab wires in tight spaces
- A connection that can join two fish tapes together
- A hook that can hook wires or cables
- A fish tape tool that can push or pull wires
The kit also comes with a carrying case that can store and protect the rods and the attachments.
The Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit has several benefits for electricians, DIYers, or anyone who needs to run wires through walls or conduits. Some of them are:
- It is easy to use. You just need to connect the rods and the attachments according to your needs, and then push or pull the tape through the conduit.
- It is versatile. You can use it for various wire pulling applications, such as installing outlets, switches, light fixtures, ceiling fans, thermostats, security systems, etc.
- It is cost-effective. You can save money by doing the wire pulling yourself instead of hiring a professional.
- It is reliable. You can trust that the fiberglass material will not break or rust, and that the tape will not get stuck in the conduit.
The Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit is not perfect, and it has some drawbacks that you should be aware of before buying it. Some of them are:
- It is not very long. The maximum length of the tape is 33 feet, which might not be enough for some wire pulling jobs. You might need to buy another kit or use another method to extend the tape.
- It is not very strong. The fiberglass material is flexible and durable, but it is not very rigid or sturdy. It might bend or twist when encountering obstacles or resistance in the conduit.
To use the Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit effectively, here are some tips that you should follow:
- Plan ahead. Before you start pulling wires, you should measure the distance and check the route of the conduit. You should also make sure that there are no obstructions or hazards along the way.
- Choose the right attachment. Depending on the type and size of the wire or cable that you want to pull, you should choose the most suitable attachment for your job. For example, if you want to pull a thin wire, you might want to use the chain noodle; if you want to pull a thick cable, you might want to use the hook.
- Lubricate the tape. To reduce friction and make the tape slide easier through the conduit, you should apply some lubricant on the tape before using it. You can use commercial wire pulling lubricant or household products like soap or wax.
- Be careful. When pulling wires, you should be careful not to damage or kink them. You should also avoid pulling too hard or too fast, as this might cause the tape to snap or get stuck.
The Boeray 33' Fiberglass Running Electrical Wire Cable Pulling Fish Tape kit is a useful tool for running electrical wires through walls or conduits. It has many features and benefits that make it easy, versatile, cost-effective, and reliable. However, it also has some drawbacks that limit its length, strength, and smoothness. Therefore, you should weigh the pros and cons before buying it, and follow some tips to use it effectively.