If you are looking for a reliable and affordable plastic welding kit, you might want to check out the JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit. This kit comes with everything you need to repair, modify, or fabricate various plastic materials, such as bumpers, kayaks, canoes, tanks, pipes, and more. In this blog post, I will review the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this product, and show you how to use it effectively.
The JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit consists of a 80-watt iron with a temperature controller, a stainless steel wire mesh, 20 pieces of plastic welding rods in different colors and types, and a carrying case. The iron has a triangular tip that can be used to melt and blend the plastic rods with the base material. The temperature controller allows you to adjust the heat level according to the thickness and type of plastic you are working with. The wire mesh can be used to reinforce cracks or holes in the plastic. The welding rods are made of high-quality polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), and ABS plastic, and they match most common plastics in color and texture.
The JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit has many advantages over other plastic welding kits on the market. First of all, it is very easy to use, even for beginners. You just need to plug in the iron, set the temperature, and start welding. The iron heats up quickly and evenly, and the tip is designed to prevent sticking or burning. The welding rods are also easy to apply and blend smoothly with the base material. Second, it is very versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications. You can repair cracks, holes, tears, splits, or breaks in any plastic material that can be melted with heat. You can also modify or fabricate new plastic parts or accessories according to your needs. Third, it is very cost-effective and durable. The kit costs about $33, which is much cheaper than buying a new plastic part or hiring a professional to fix it. The iron and the rods are also made of high-quality materials that can last for a long time.
The JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit 80watt also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of before buying it. First of all, it is not suitable for all types of plastics. Some plastics, such as nylon, PVC, or TPO, cannot be welded with this kit because they have different melting points or chemical properties. You should always test a small area of the plastic before welding it to make sure it is compatible with the kit. Second, it requires some skill and patience to achieve a good result. You need to practice how to control the temperature, the speed, and the pressure of the iron to avoid overheating or underheating the plastic. You also need to match the color and type of the rod with the base material as closely as possible to avoid visible seams or gaps. Third, it may pose some safety hazards if not used properly. You should always wear protective gloves, goggles, and masks when using this kit because the iron and the plastic can get very hot and emit fumes that may irritate your eyes or lungs.
To use the JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit effectively, you should follow these steps:
- Clean the area of the plastic that you want to weld with soap and water or alcohol. Make sure there is no dirt, grease, oil, or paint on the surface.
- Cut or trim the damaged part of the plastic if necessary. You can use a knife, scissors, or a saw to remove any excess or irregular material.
- Plug in the iron and set the temperature according to the type and thickness of the plastic. You can refer to the instruction manual for more details on how to adjust the temperature.
- Place the wire mesh over the crack or hole in the plastic if you want to reinforce it. You can use tape or clamps to hold it in place.
- Choose a welding rod that matches the color and type of the plastic as closely as possible. You can also mix two or more rods together to create a custom color or texture.
- Hold the iron at an angle of about 45 degrees over the area that you want to weld. Press down lightly and move it along the edge of the crack or hole until you see a bead of melted plastic forming.
- Place the tip of the rod over the bead of melted plastic and press down gently until it melts and blends with the base material. Move the rod along with the iron until you fill up the entire crack or hole.
- Smooth out any bumps or rough edges with a spatula or a scraper while the plastic is still hot. You can also use sandpaper or a file to polish it after it cools down.
- Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the result. You can also apply some paint or primer over the welded area if you want to improve the appearance or protect it from corrosion.
The JOUNJIP Standard Plastic Welding Kit is a great tool for anyone who wants to repair, modify, or fabricate plastic materials. It is easy to use, versatile, and affordable. However, it also has some limitations and risks that you should be aware of before buying it. You should always test the compatibility of the plastic, practice your welding skills, and follow the safety precautions when using this kit. If you do that, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of plastic welding without any problems.