If you are looking for a cordless framing nailer that can handle any job, you might want to check out the Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer. This tool is designed to deliver pneumatic performance and durability without the hassle of a compressor, hose, or gas cartridge. In this blog post, I will review the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this nailer and help you decide if it is worth buying.
Features of the Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer is powered by a nitrogen spring mechanism, a POWERSTATE brushless motor, and a REDLINK Intelligence system. These components work together to provide consistent power, speed, and efficiency for every nail.
The nailer can fire up to 3 nails per second with zero ramp-up time, meaning it is ready to go as soon as you pull the trigger. It can also sink full round head nails into dense engineered lumbers, making it suitable for even the most demanding framing applications.
The nailer uses 30-34 degree clipped head or full round offset head nails with a length of 2”- 3 ½” and a shank diameter of .113” - .131”. It has a tool-free drive depth adjustment, a dry fire lockout, and a sequential and contact actuation firing mode selector. It also has an on/off power button, an on-board hex key storage, a rafter hook, a belt hook, and a no-mar tip.
The nailer operates using only Milwaukee's M18 batteries (not included) and sealed compressed nitrogen. This eliminates the need for gas cartridges and the maintenance associated with them. The nailer is compatible with all M18 batteries and chargers.
Benefits of the Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer offers several benefits for professional carpenters and remodelers who want to work faster, easier, and safer. Some of these benefits are:
- Cordless convenience: You don't have to worry about dragging a compressor, hose, or gas cartridge around the jobsite. You can move freely and work in tight spaces without any cords or hoses getting in your way.
- Pneumatic performance: You get the same power and speed as a pneumatic nailer without sacrificing runtime or reliability. The nailer can drive nails into any material with ease and accuracy.
- Durability: The nailer is built to withstand tough conditions and heavy use. It has a magnesium housing, a metal magazine, and a metal firing pin. It also has a 3-year limited warranty from Milwaukee.
- Versatility: The nailer can handle various framing tasks such as wall sheathing, roof decking, subflooring, floor decking, fencing, pallet building, and more. It can also use different types of nails depending on your preference and project requirements.
Drawbacks of the Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer is not perfect and has some drawbacks that you should be aware of before buying it. Some of these drawbacks are:
- Weight: The nailer is quite heavy compared to other cordless framing nailers. It weighs 9.4 lbs without the battery and 11 lbs with the battery. This can cause fatigue and strain on your arm and wrist after prolonged use.
- Cost: The nailer is expensive compared to other cordless framing nailers. It costs $379 for the tool only and $549 for the kit with one 5.0 Ah battery and one charger. You also have to buy extra batteries if you want longer runtime or backup power.
- Availability: The nailer is not widely available in many stores or online platforms. You might have trouble finding it or getting it delivered to your location.
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 30 degree framing nailer is a powerful and reliable tool that can handle any framing job with ease. It offers pneumatic performance and cordless convenience without compromising on durability or versatility. However, it is also heavy, costly, and hard to find in some places. Therefore, you should weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding if this nailer is right for you.